- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agowhen using the =TEXT function, "m/yy" will change the output to 5/20. Play around with it to get the result you want.
How to extract month and year only from date in Excel?
If you have a list of date format, now, you want to extract only the month and year from date as left screenshot shown, how could you extract month and year from the date quickly and easily in Excel?
The following simple formulas may help you to extract only the month and year from the given date, please do as follows:
1. Enter the formula: =TEXT(A2,"mmm-yyyy") into a blank cell besides your data, C2, for instance, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and only the month and year have been extracted from the date column, see screenshot:
1. Except the above formula, you can also apply this formula: =TEXT(A2, "mmm") & "-" & TEXT(A2, "yyyy").
2. In above formulas, A2 indicates the date cell that you want to use, and the separator “-” is used to separate the month and year, you can change it to any other delimiters you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, by using its Apply Date Formatting utility, you can convert the date to any other date formatting as you want without applying any formulas.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now )
1. Select the date cells that you want to convert to month and year format.
2. Click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting, see screenshot:
3. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, please specify one date format that you want, this example, I will choose one of the month and year formats, see screenshot:
Tips: You also can choose Mar-01 as the month and year format.
4. Then click Ok or Apply button, the date has been converted to the month and year format, see screenshots:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoIt would be great if you could change May 2020 into 5/20 like it shows on some state inspection stickers
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs there a way to only have the month and year without the discreet days? When I format the date using the Kutools format, it seems to keep the days, so trying to select just May 2019 with a filter involves clicking all of the individual days.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIs there a formula for equal monthly payments aside from excel? William Rowland Sr.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi, William,
Could you give a detail information about your problem or a simple example screenshot?