How to quickly open all Excel files from a folder?
In this article, I introduce the macro to open all workbooks from a specific folder.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the script.
VBA: Open all Excel files in a folder
Sub OpenFiles() 'UpdateByExtendoffice20160623 Dim xStrPath As String Dim xFileDialog As FileDialog Dim xFile As String On Error Resume Next Set xFileDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) xFileDialog.AllowMultiSelect = False xFileDialog.Title = "Select a folder [Kutools for Excel]" If xFileDialog.Show = -1 Then xStrPath = xFileDialog.SelectedItems(1) End If If xStrPath = "" Then Exit Sub xFile = Dir(xStrPath & "\*.xlsx") Do While xFile <> "" Workbooks.Open xStrPath & "\" & xFile xFile = Dir Loop End Sub
3. Press F5 key, a dialog pops out for selecting a folder you want to open all workbooks within it. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and all workbooks in the specific folder have been opened.
|With Kutools for Excel, you can apply its Copy Full Path feature to copy current workbook’s saving path and the paste to anywhere you need. See screenshot:|
Except to open files in a folder, have you ever tried to list all file names of one specific folder? With Kutools for Excel’s Filename List utility, you can quickly list all types or one specific type of files in one folder.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Enterprise > Import/Export > Filename List. See screenshot:
2. In the Filename List dialog, select a folder you want to list files from, specify the file type you want to list, and then specify the unit of the file size as you need. If you want, you can create hyperlinks to the files names which will list. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and all files in the specific folder have been listed in a new sheet of the active workbook. See screenshot: