How to find and return the second to last value in a certain row or column in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, how to find and return the second to last value in row 6 or column B of table range A1:E16? This article will show you method to achieve it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
As above screenshot shown, for finding and returning the second to last value in row 6 or column B of table range A1:E16, the formulas we provide in this article can help you. Please do as follows.
Find and return the second to last value in column B
1. Select a blank cell for placing the second to last value, enter formula =INDEX(B:B,LARGE(IF(B:B<>"",ROW(B:B)),2)) into the Formula Bar, and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously to get the result.
Note: in the formula, B:B is the column where you will find the second to last value. You can change it to any column as you need.
Find and return the second to last value in row 6
Select a blank cell to populate the second to last value in a row, then enter formula =OFFSET($A$6,0,COUNTA(6:6)-2,1,1) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key to get the result. See screenshot:
Note: In this formula, $A$6 is the first cell of the specified row, 6:6 is the row number where you need to find the second to last value,
- How to find position of first/last number in a text string in Excel?
- How to find first or last Friday of every month in Excel?
- How to vlookup find the first, 2nd or nth match value in Excel?
- How to find value with highest frequency in a range in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThanks Gentleman good job
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agowhat does the row do?