How to remove duplicate rows in Excel ?
Most of you may meet a difficulty that there are many duplicate rows in your worksheet, and you need to remove them and just keep the unique rows. In this case, how can you get the duplicate rows removed quickly? This article will introduce some easy ways to remove duplicate rows in Excel for you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have the following range which contains some duplicate rows, to remove duplicate rows from a worksheet in Excel, you can according to following steps:
1. Select the range you want to remove duplicate rows. If you want to delete all duplicate rows in the worksheet, just hold down Ctrl + A key to select the entire sheet.
2. On Data tab, click Remove Duplicates in the Data Tools group.
3. In the Remove Duplicates dialog box, leave all the checkboxes checked under Columns list box, and if your data contains headers, please check My data has headers option. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, a prompt box will pop out to tell you the removing result, and all identical rows are removed except for the first identical row. See screenshot:
Note: With this function, you can also remove rows with the same values in certain columns. To do this, you just need to check the columns that you want to remove the duplicate values in the Remove Duplicates dialog box in step 3.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility, you can select the duplicate rows first, and then delete them at once.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to remove the duplicate rows.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select Duplicates (Except 1 st one) or All duplicates (Including 1 st one) as you need. And then check Select entire rows option. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, all the duplicate rows are selected as following screenshots:
|Select duplicate rows except first one||Select duplicate rows including first one|
5. And then put the cursor to the selected row, right click and choose Delete from the context menu, see screenshot:
6. And you will get the following results:
|Remove identical rows except first one||Remove identical rows including first one|
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThanks buddy, it worked fine for me.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoMany thanks for this very helpful information! It saved me a lot of time!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI have KuTools installed, but am not seeing the "Select Duplicate & Unique Cells" option under Select Tools. Is this an obselete feature?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi, I completely understand your question. This was the same problem with me in excel.
And then I got a YouTube channel ( Learn With Lokesh Lalwani) I always learn everything about the excel this channel. I would like to suggest that you can also learn from this channel.