Format Text Effects – Text Fill
This tutorial will show you how to add text fill effects for the selected text in the message body, when you are composing, replying, or forwarding an email in Outlook.
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can easily add solid fill effects or gradient fill effects for the selected text in the message body. Please do as follows:
1. In the message body, select the text that you will add text fill effects for.
2. Go to the Font group on the Format Text tab, and click the anchor at the bottom-right corner to open the Font dialog.
Tips: You can also open the Font dialog by pressing Ctrl + D keys together.
3. In the Font dialog, please click the Text Effects button at the bottom-left corner.
4. In the Format Text Effects dialog, please enable the Text Fill & Outline tab, and click the blank arrow before Text Fill to expand this section.
5. Select one of text fill effects, and customize the text fill effect as you need.
If you do not want to add text fill effects or clear existing text fill effects from the selected text, please select this No fill option.
If you need to add a solid fill effects, please select the Solid fill option, specify a fill color from the Color drop-down list, and set the fill transparency as you need.
If you need to add gradient fill effects for the selected text, please do as follows:
(1) please check the Gradient fill option;
(2) Select one of gradient fill style from the Preset gradients drop-down list.
If the specified preset gradient fill meets your needs, you can finish settings; if not, please go ahead to customize the gradient fill on the basis of the specified gradient fill.
(3) Click the Type drop-down list, and select the gradient type as you need.
(4) Click the Direction drop-down list, and select a gradient direction as you need.
(5) If necessary, change the gradient angle in the Angle box.
(6) Click the Add gradient stop or Remove gradient stop buttons to add or remove gradient stops as you need.
(7) Click to select one gradient stop in the gradient slider, and specify the fill color, stop position, and fill transparency for the stop as you need.
Then repeat this step to specify fill color, stop position, and fill transparency for other steps one by one.
6. Click the OK buttons to save the settings and close the Format Text Effects dialog and Font dialog.
So far, the specified fill effects have been added for the selected text in the message body.
You can select text in the message body and click the Clear All Formatting button on the Format Text tab to clear all formatting from the selected text.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.