Easily remove or delete all blank rows in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Deleting blank or empty rows from large datasets can be very time-consuming in Excel. Some users might select each blank row individually and then delete them one by one. Here the Delete Blank Rows utility of Kutools for Excel can help to easily remove all blank rows in a range, the current worksheet, specified worksheets, or an entire workbook with a single click.
Select Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows. See screenshot:
Suppose you have a range with blank rows in a worksheet, as shown in the screenshot below. To remove all these blank rows at once, you can use the Delete Blank Rows feature as follows:
1. Select the range of cells from which you want to remove blank rows, go to select Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows > In Selected Range.
2. A Delete Blank Rows dialog box pops up, you need to choose one of the following options based on your needs.
- Delete Blank Rows in the Range
If there has data in the same rows outside the selected range and you don't want to affect these data, choose this option. Blank rows within the selected range will be removed, and data within the selection will be shifted up without affecting the data outside the selection.
- Delete Entire Rows with Blank Cells in the Range
If this option is selected, the entire row with blank cells will be deleted (including the data in the same rows outside the selected range).
If you want to remove all blank rows from the active sheet, you just need to select Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows >In Active Sheet. See screenshot:
Then all blank rows in the active sheet will be removed.
- To remove all blank rows from certain worksheets, you need to manually select the worksheets one by one by holding the Ctrl key and then select Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows > In Active Sheet.
- To remove all blank rows from the entire workbook, please select Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows > In All Sheets.
- After applying the feature, if blank rows still exist, you need to check if there is a space or other invisible characters in the cells of the row.
- This feature supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.