Quickly add accumulated total line to a chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Let’s say you have a sales table and have created a clustered column chart for the table. Now, you want to figure out the running totals and add the accumulated sums in the clustered column chart, how could you get it done? Normally, we need to add a helper column for the source data, figure out the accumulated sums, next add the new data series in the chart, and then change the chart type. Here, Kutools for Excel’s Add Cumulative Sum to Chart tool will ease your work and add an accumulated total line with accumulated sum labels in a clustered column chart by several clicks only!
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing we have created a clustered column chart for a sales table in Excel as below screenshot shown, and we can apply the Add Cumulative Sum to Chart tool to quickly add the running total line with accumulated sum labels in the column chart at ease.
1. Select the clustered column chart you will add the accumulated total line for.
2. Click Kutools > Charts > Chart Tools > Add Cumulative Sum to Chart.
3. In the popping out Kutools for Excel dialogs, click Yes and OK button successively.
And then you will see the accumulated total line and labels added in the clustered column chart. See screenshot:
1. This Add Cumulative Sum to Chart tool can add accumulated total line and labels for the clustered column chart only.
2. This Add Cumulative Sum to Chart tool does not support undo. If you need to undo, you can select the accumulated total line in the chart, and then press Delete key to remove it directly.
3. When adding the accumulated total line and labels for the selected chart, it generates some intermediate data in a hidden sheet, and you can get the data as follows:
(1) Right click any sheet tab in the Sheet Tab bar, and select Unhide from the context menu;
(2) In the Unhide window, click to select the Kutools_Chart sheet, and click the OK button.
And then you will get the intermediate data in the Kutools_Chart sheet. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.