Quickly create an alternative progress bar chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Let’s say you have a set of percentages showing the progresses made towards a same goal, to create a progress bar chart with the percentages data in Excel, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Alternative Progress Bar Chart. With this type of chart, you can easily compare multiple tasks or projects at once, and display their different completion status.
Quickly Create Alternative Progress Bar Chart
To create an alternative progress bar chart with Kutools for Excel according to the percentages data in your Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Charts > Progress > Alternative Progress Bar Chart. See screenshot:
2. In the pop-up Alternative Progress Bar Chart dialog box, click the range-selection button to specify the cell ranges of axis labels and series values (percentages) respectively.
√ Note: If you are not sure how to use the utility, please click the Example button, which will open a new workbook that contains a sample dataset and concrete operation to create an alternative progress bar chart.
3. Click Ok, the alternative progress bar chart will be created at once.
4. (Optional) You can click the buttons to the right side of the chart to make it better suit your needs:
- Click the button to add, remove or change chart elements such as the title, legend, gridlines, etc.
- Click the button to set a style and color scheme for your chart.
- Click the button to filter what data points or names are visible on your chart.
Things to know:
1. If you make updates in the source table, you will see the changes reflected in the chart. However, if you change the source data greatly, say, delete rows or columns from the source table, or add rows in between the data range, the chart may not display correctly. You’d better recreate it again.
2. If the axis labels range is adjacent to the series values range in your table, and the range is a one-column or one-row range, instead of selecting the two ranges respectively with the button, you can just select the both ranges without headers, then apply the Alternative Progress Bar Chart feature, the ranges will be automatically filled in.
3. You can move, delete or adjust the size of the elements on your charts as you need after clicking on them.
4. If a label value has over 11 characters (including 11), no ovals will be added to all the labels in the chart.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.