Quickly create an alternative rose chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Alternative rose chart is a type of alternative chart of the radar chart, it also can be called radial lollipop chart, it likes a bar chart with a zero value in the middle of the grid. This chart uses a simple bar to emphasize the distance between the bullseye and the data point as below screenshot shown. It applies for comparisons between a series of data, compared with the bar chart, this chart is more beautiful and impressive.
In Excel, it may be difficult for you to create this type of chart since there is no built-in feature to create an alternative rose chart. But if you have Kutools for Excel, with its Alternative Rose Chart utility, you can create two different styles of alternative rose charts quickly and easily.
After installing Kutools for Excel, to create an alternative rose chart, please do with the following steps:
1. Click Kutools > Charts > Difference Comparison > Alternative Rose Chart, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Alternative Rose Chart dialog box:
- First, select the chart style you like from the Chart Type section;
- Then, select the data range of the axis labels and series values separately under the Select Data section.
Tips: You can also select the data range firstly, and then click Kutools > Charts > Difference Comparison > Alternative Rose Chart to enable this feature, and the selected data will be filled into the corresponding textboxes automatically.
3. And then, click Ok button, the alternative rose chart is created at once, see screenshots:
1. The max value (boundary) of this chart is fixed, if you change the source data too larger than the original data after the chart is created, the red point will go beyond the boundary. To fix the chart, you should create the chart based on the new data once again. See screenshot:
2. In the chart of style1, if the number digit of the data label exceeds a certain length, such as 60.456, the text length exceeds the diameter of the red dot, the font color of the data labels will be displayed as black. See screenshot:
3. When applying the feature to create this type of chart, a prompt box will pop out to remind you that a hidden sheet (named Kutools_Chart) will be created to store the intermediate data, please don’t delete this hidden sheet, otherwise, the chart will be displayed incorrectly.
4. If your data range contains negative numbers, when applying this feature, a prompt box will pop out to remind you this function does not work. And if there are 0 values in your data, the data labels will not be displayed.
5. If you are not familiar with this feature, you can click Example button in Alternative Rose Chart dialog to generate a new workbook with the sample data and sample Alternative Rose Chart.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.