Create an alternative stacked column in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, we use column chart to compare different categories, which displays each series as a separate column. However, have you ever imaged that use a stacked column to show the categories as below screenshot shown? Here the Kutools for Excel’s Charts group provides an Alternative Stacked Column Chart can achieve this job.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Apply Alternative Stacked Column Chart by clicking Kutools > Charts > Category Comparison > Alternative Stacked Column Chart.
In the popping Alternative Stacked Column Chart dialog, specify the settings.
1) In the Select Data section, click to select cell references to the textboxes of Axis Labels and Series Values.
2) Chart Title is optional, you can select a cell reference or directly type the text into the textbox.
3) Separator is the delimiter that divides the axis labels and the series values in the chart.
4) Decide what order the data to be arranged in the chart.
5) Specify the background colors for the series values.
Click Ok. An alternative stacked column chart will be created.
1) Before you using this feature, you can click the Example button to realize how the chart work.
2) The data in the chart does not update as the original data changed.
3) The Alternative Stacked Column Chart does not support Excel 2013 and earlier versions.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.