Create an alternative stacked column in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, we use column chart to compare different categories, which displays each series as a separate column. However, have you ever imaged that use a stacked column to show the categories as below screenshot shown? Here the Kutools for Excel’s Charts group provides an Alternative Stacked Column Chart can achieve this job.
Apply Alternative Stacked Column Chart by clicking Kutools > Charts > Category Comparison > Alternative Stacked Column Chart.
In the popping Alternative Stacked Column Chart dialog, specify the settings.
1) In the Select Data section, click to select cell references to the textboxes of Axis Labels and Series Values.
2) Chart Title is optional, you can select a cell reference or directly type the text into the textbox.
3) Separator is the delimiter that divides the axis labels and the series values in the chart.
4) Decide what order the data to be arranged in the chart.
5) Specify the background colors for the series values.
Click Ok. An alternative stacked column chart will be created.
1) Before you using this feature, you can click the Example button to realize how the chart work.
2) The data in the chart does not update as the original data changed.
3) The Alternative Stacked Column Chart does not support Excel 2013 and earlier versions.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Kutools for Excel
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.