Quickly create an Area Chart with Multiple Series in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In general, we can easily create an area chart with a set of values in Excel. However, if there are multiple series of values, how could we create multiple area charts but combine them in one chart area? Here, Kutools for Excel’s Multi-Series Area Chart feature can help get it done easily!
Click Kutools > Charts > Category Comparison > Multi Series Area Chart to enable this feature.
1. In Excel, prepare the source data as below screenshot shown for the new chart.
2. Click Kutools > Charts > Category Comparison > Multi Series Area Chart to enable this feature.
3. In the Multi Series Area Chart dialog, please specify the data as follows:
(1) In the Data range box, please specify the range containing multiple sets of series values that you will create the new chart based on;
(2) In the Axis Labels box, please select the range of cells whose values will be used as the horizontal axis labels;
(3) In the Series name box, please select the range of cells whose values will represent the series names.
(4) Click the Ok button.
4. Now a dialog comes out and tells you it will generate a hidden sheet to store the intermediate data for the new area chart. Please click the Yes button to go ahead.
So far, we have created a compound area chart for multiple sets of series values. See screenshot:
1. In the Multi Series Area Chart dialog, click the Example button will close the current dialog and open the example sheet.
2. When creating the Multi-series area chart, it generates some intermediate data in a hidden sheet, and you can view the data as follows:
(1) Right click any sheet tab in the Sheet Tab bar, and select Hidden from the context menu;
(2) In the Unhide window, click to select the Kutools_Chart sheet, and click the OK button.
Now you will get the intermediate data in the Kutools_Chart sheet.
3. The Multi Series Area Chart feature supports undo.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.