Completely clear all formatting of a range in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, you can apply the Clear Formats function to quickly clear only the formatting that’s applied to selected cells, and it cannot clear the formatting that’s applied to the data or contents. But with Kutools for Excel’s Clear Characters Formatting feature, you can quickly clear all formatting from a range, no matter the formatting that’s applied to the cells or the contents in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Select a range that you want to clear all characters formatting.
2. Click Kutools > Format > Clear Characters Formatting, see screenshot:
3. Then all of the characters formats have been removed completely. See screenshots:
The differences between Kutools for Excel’s Clear Characters Formatting and Excel’s Clear Formats:
In the following screenshot, you will see there are two cells, the cell 1 which has been applied the font color BLUE. But the cell 2 is using the font color BLACK, but the some contents in this cell have been applied to other font colors. See screenshot:
Let’s see what will happen after applying both functions.
After applying Excel’s Clear Formats:
After applying Kutools for Excel’s Clear Characters Formatting:
As you can see, the Clear Formats in Excel won’t clear the formatting that’s applied to the contents.
Note: This tool supports Undo.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoYou can clear all of the formatting from selected cells by first selecting the cells from which you want to remove all of the formatting. When formatting a cell in excel using VBA you may want to make sure you are starting with a clean slate, or removing any possible formatting.