Quickly convert dates to ordinal date format in Excel
In general, when you type in or get a date (says 1/18/2021) in Excel, you can easily format it to multiple styles, such as 18-Jan, 18-Jan-21, January 18, 2021, Monday, January 18, 2021, and so on. However, some users may need to show the day as an ordinal number, and change the date to 18th January, 2021, are there any solutions to quickly solve it? Here, Kutools for Excel releases the Convert date to ordinal date formula to solve this problem easily in Excel.
This section will guide you to apply the Convert date to ordinal date formula to convert a normal date to an ordinal date in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell you will place the conversion result in.
2. Click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time > Convert date to ordinal date to enable this feature.
3. Now the Formulas Helper dialog comes out with the Convert date to ordinal date formula highlighted in the Choose a formula list box. In the Date box, click the Browse button to specify the date you will convert.
(1) When specifying a date cell in the Date box, the cell reference is absolute by default. If you need to copy the formula to other cells by dragging the cell’s AutoFill Handle, you’d better change the absolute reference to relative manually.
(2) Alternatively, you can also manually type in a date in the formatting of m/d/yyyy in the Date box.
4. Click the Ok button.
Now the conversion result is figured out. If necessary, drag the AutoFill Handle of the result cell to copy the formula to other cells.
1. You can click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper to open the Formulas Helper dialog, and then manually select the Convert date to ordinal formula in the Choose a formula list box.
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog, you can select Date from the Formula Type drop-down list to only show the formula about dates, and then quickly select the Convert date to ordinal date formula in the Choose a formula list box.
3. In the Formulas Helper dialog, you can alternatively enable the Filter option, and type in a keyword, says ord, to quickly filter out the Convert date to ordinal date formula in the Choose a formula list box.
4. In the Formulas Helper dialog, click the Share icon to share the feature group in your social communities.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.