Quickly convert dates to quarters and years in Excel
When you get or view a date, says 1/18/2021, in Excel, you can easily get that the month of date is January, the year is 2021, and the day is 18. But how could you figure out the quarter of the given date quickly? Here, Kutools for Excel releases the Convert date to quarter formula to help you quickly get the quarters and years from given dates in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This section will guide you to apply the Convert Date to quarter formula to convert dates to corresponding quarters and years in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell you will place the return value in.
2. Click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time > Convert date to quarter to enable the formula.
3. Now the Formulas Helper dialog comes out with the Convert date to quarter formula highlighted in the Choose a formula list box. Click the Browse button in the Date box to select the specified date whose quarter and year you will figure out.
(1) When specifying a date cell in the Date box, the cell reference is absolute by default. If you need to copy the formula to other cells by dragging the cell’s AutoFill Handle, you’d better change the absolute reference to relative manually.
(2) Alternatively, you can also manually type in a date in the formatting of m/d/yyyy in the Date box.
4. Click the Ok button.
Then the quarter and year of the specified date cell is returned to the currently selected cell. If necessary, drag this cell’s AutoFill Handle to copy the formula to other cells.
1. You can click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper to open the Formulas Helper dialog, and then manually select the Convert date to quarter formula in the Choose a formula list box.
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog, you can select Date from the Formula Type drop-down list to only show the formula about dates, and then quickly select the Convert date to quarter formula in the Choose a formula list box.
3. In the Formulas Helper dialog, you can alternatively enable the Filter option, type in a keyword, says quarter to easily filter out the Convert date to quarter formula in the Choose a formula list box.
4. In the Formulas Helper dialog, click the Share icon to share the feature group in your social communities.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.