Quickly identify and convert date format in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, you may need to convert the dates stored as text into date formats or identify various non-standard dates as the locale date formats according to your operating system settings. Kutools for Excel’s Convert to Date can help you quickly apply following operations in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshot:
1. Select the range that you want to apply this utility.
2. Then apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshots:
3. All of the dates stored as text or non-standard date formats will be converted to your local date formats.
Note: If you don’t want to convert some specified dates in the range, please hold down CTRL key to select or highlight them in the Convert To Date dialog box, and then click Recover button to stay unchanged them.
Supposing you have a range of dates stored as text in your workbook, you can apply Convert To Date to convert them into date formats.
This utility can also convert various date formats into your local date formats according to your operations system settings.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 14 days agoI am only able to use the Convert to Date one time in a session. So if I open a new workbook - and I have already used the Convert to date function - it does not work. Please fix. This is a useful tool in my job.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoChange time
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThe dates I have are 2014/11/25 07:31:25 PST
I need to convert them to date format but adjust per timezone
So this SHOULD convert to 2014/11/25 05:31:25
Can the product handle time zone conversions to TZ of that excel is running in?