Easily count cells that match two conditions in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
If you are struggling for remembering or applying the formula to count cells that match two conditions simultaneously, here highly recommend the Count cells with two conditions (and) feature of Kutools for Excel. With this feature, you can easily count the number of cells that match two conditions at the same time with only clicks in Excel.
As the below screenshot shown, you want to count total females whose age is greater than 30 (there are two conditions “age > 30” and “Gender = F”), please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to output the result.
2. Click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper. See screenshot:
3. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, you need to configure the criteria as follows.
- (1) Find and select Count cells with two conditions(and) in the Choose a formula box.
Tip: you can check the Filter box, type in certain words to filter the formula names.
- (2) In the Range 1 box, select the first range which you will apply the first criteria to;
- (3) In the Criteria 1 box, select the cell containing the first criteria;
- (4) In the Range 2 box, select the second range which you will apply the second criteria to;
- (5) In the Criteria 2 box, select the cell containing the second criteria;
- (6) Click OK.
Tips: You can enter the criteria directly into the Criteria 1 and the Criteria 2 boxes as the below screenshot shown.
Now the result is populated into the selected cell as the below screenshot shown.
Note: If you like this Formula Helper, you can click the Share icon in the Formulas Helper dialog to share it with your friend via email or share to social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.