Easily count comma separated values in a single cell in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In addition to applying formula to count total comma separated values in a single cell, you can also use handy plugins to get it down. In this tutorial, we will introduce the Count the number of values separated by comma feature of Kutools for Excel. With this feature, you can easily count comma separated values in a cell with several clicks only.
Take the data in below screenshot as an example, please do as follows to count comma separated values in a cell with the Count the number of values separated by comma feature of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select a blank cell to output the result.
2. Go to the Kutools tab, click Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
Tip: you can also click Kutools > Formula Helper > Statistical > Count the number of values separated by comma to enable this feature.
3. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, please configure as follows.
- Find and select Count the number of values separated by comma in the Choose a formula box;
Tip: you can check the Filter box, type in certain words to filter the formula names.
- In the Cell box, select the cell in which you want to count comma separated values;
- Click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now the result is populated into the selected cell. Select this result cell, and then drag its Fill Handle down to get other results. See screenshot:
Note: If you like this Formula Helper, you can click the Share icon in the Formulas Helper dialog to share it with your friend via email or share to social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.