Quickly count the number of words in a cell or a range in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Word, you can easily know how many words in a document, but there are no built-in functions to help you count the number of words in a cell or a range. Kutools for Excel’s Count words in range formula can quickly count the total number of words in a single cell or a range for you in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Formula Helper >> Count words in range. See screenshots:
Supposing you have a cell which contains some words as below screenshot shown, and now you need to count the number of words in this cell.
1. Select a cell that you want to place the counting result, and then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Count words in range. Then in the Formula Helper dialog, select the cell you want to count the words in. See screenshot:
2. Click Ok. And then you will see it has counted the number of words in the selected cell.
If you want to count the total number of words in a range, you also can apply Kutools for Excel’s Count words in range formula as follows:.
1. Select a cell you want to place the result, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Count words in range. Then select the range you want to count the number of words from in the Formula Helper dialog. See screenshot:
2. Click Ok, and the result is shown.
Note: You cannot apply this formula into a merged cell.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.