Easily count the number of only bold cells in a range in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Sometimes you might mark some special cells bold, and later want to count the total numbers of these bold cells. With the COUNTBYFONTBOLD function of Kutools for Excel, you can easily count the number of only bold cells in a range in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Kutools Functions > Statistical & Math > COUNTBYFONTBOLD. See screenshot:
Supposing you need to count the number of bold cells in the range A1:B12 in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Please select a blank cell to use the COUNTBYFONTBOLD function, and click Kutools > Kutools Functions > Statistical & Math > COUNTBYFONTBOLD.
2. In the opening Function Arguments dialog box, click the Browse button to select the certain range where you will count the number of bold cells only.
3. Click the OK button. And then you will get the number of bold cells. See screenshot:
Note: You can enter the formula =COUNTBYFONTBOLD(A1:B12) (A1:B12 is the range where you want to count the number of bold cells) to get the result directly.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.