Easily count unique values in a column in Excel
Kutools for Excel
The Count unique values utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly count all unique values (the values that appear in the list only once) in a list without remembering any formulas.
See the below screenshot shown, there is a name list, if you want to count only the unique names in the list, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to output the result.
2. Go to the Kutools tab, click Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
Tip: you can also click Kutools > Formula Helper > Statistical > Count unique values to enable this feature.
3. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, you need to:
- Find and select Count unique values in the Choose a formula box;
Tip: you can check the Filter box, type in certain words to filter the formula names.
- In the Range box, select the cells in which you want to count unique values;
- Click the OK button.
Then you will get the total number of unique values (the values that appear in the list only once).
1. Empty cells will be ignored automatically.
2. If you like this Formula Helper, you can click the Share icon in the Formulas Helper dialog to share it with your friend via email or share to social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.