Quickly replace formulas error messages with zero, blank cells, or text
Kutools for Excel
Sometimes the formula may produce error message in Excel. For example, in this formula =A1/B1, if B1 is empty or contains 0, the formula will display a #DIV/0 error. Is there any way to make those error messages clearly readable with some customizing text or others? Kutools for Excel's Error Condition Wizard can quickly add error condition to a formula or group of formulas to display the formulas that produce errors with the 0(zero), a custom message, blank cells, cell reference, etc.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> More >> Error Condition Wizard. See screenshot:
1. Apply this utility and in the Error Condition Wizard dialog box, do the following options:
- A: Click button to select the range that you want to replace the error formulas.
- B: Click the Error type drop down list to choose the error formula type that you want to replace. (you can select any error value, only the #N/A error value or any error value except #N/A)
- C: Specify what you would like to display instead of errors, in this example, I will replace the errors by 0. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK, all of the errors have been replaced by 0. See screenshots:
Tips: you can also replace the errors with the following messages:
- Nothing (a blank cell): Empty cells replace the errors.
- A message (text): Type a value into the text box, and the value in the box will replace the errors.
- A cell reference: An absolute reference replaces the errors.
- You can press Undo (Ctrl+Z) to restore this operation immediately.
- The selected range can include formula cells and non-formula cells, but the non-formula cells will be automatically ignored in the formatting.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.