Kutools for Excel
Show full contents of cell and enhance editing in Excel
In Excel, it only displays part of contents or formula if there are too many characters to place in a cell which may be somewhat inconvenient for checking and editing cells. Here the advanced editor – Enhanced Edit Bar, one of tools in Kutools for Excel, can display all content or entire formula of the active cell in a window, also can support directly editing in the window.Demo
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns and Keeping Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows and Sum/Average... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Favorite and Quickly Insert Formulas, Ranges, Charts and Pictures; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- Kutools works with Office 2007-2019 and 365. It supports all languages, and very easy to install or deploy. Full features 60-day free trial.
In the Enhanced Edit Bar window, you can view the entire content or formula of the active cell.
Also, you can directly edit and change cell content in the Enhanced Edit Bar window, the cell content will be changed as the contents changed in window.
1. : While you put down this button in the Enhanced Edit Bar window, the position of the Enhanced Edit Bar window will be fixed and not be moved with selected cell.
2. : While you put down this button in the Enhanced Edit Bar window, it displays the entire formula of active cell, otherwise, it shows the cell value that cannot be edited in the Enhanced Edit Bar window. See screenshot:
3. : Click this button, it will pop out a dialog for you to specify the working scope of the Enhanced Edit Bar feature.
If you check Specified Range checkbox, and select a range, then the Enhanced Edit Bar window will pop out when you click cells in this specified range, otherwise, it will pop out no matter which cells you click.
And you also can specify the scope (Current worksheet, Current workbook, or All workbooks) as you need.
4. In the Enhanced Edit Bar, you can use these shortcuts:
- Enter: go to next cell;
- Ctrl + Z: undo this operation;
- Ctrl + Enter: wrap text.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.