- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoId be curious about this as well. If I send this excel to someone does that mean then need to also have the program installed?
Quickly create drop down lists with checkboxes in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing, you have a list of drop down list cells, if you want to select multiple items at once from the drop down list. In fact, you can add checkboxes to the drop-down list, so that you can check the items that you want to add simultaneously. This article, I will introduce Kutools for Excel’s Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature, with this amazing utility, you can quickly create drop down lists with checkboxes for selecting multiple items each time.
To apply this Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature correctly, please do with the following steps:
1. First, you should create the drop down list cells that you want to use.
2. And then, click Kutools > Drop-down List > Drop-down List with Check Boxes > Settings.
3. In the Drop-down List with Check Boxes Settings dialog box, specify the settings as follows:
(1.) Specify the scope that you want to apply this feature to. You can select a specified range of cells, Current worksheet, Current workbook or All workbooks as you need.
(2.) Choose one style which you want to output the drop down list items from the Mode section. Append means to add the selected items to the end of the values; Modify means the cell value will be changed based on the selection.
(3.) Enter a separator into the Separator text box that you want to separate the selected items.
(4.) Specify the direction of the selected items under the Text Direction box, you can choose Horizontally or Vertically as you need.
4. After finishing the settings, please click Ok button to exit the dialog box.
5. Now, please click Kutools > Drop-down List, and then tick the checkbox before Drop-down List with Check Boxes to activate this feature.
6. From now on, you can click the cell with drop-down list, and select multiple options with checkboxes.
A. If you specify Append mode in the Drop-down List with Check Boxes Settings dialog:
When you click the cell with drop-down list, a list box with all items of the drop-down list will be displayed, and you can click the Add icon before an item in the list box to append it, or click the Remove icon before the item to remove it. And the numbers on the right hand of the list box indicate how many times the corresponding items are appended.
B. If you specify Modify mode in the Drop-down List with Check Boxes Settings dialog:
When you click the cell with drop-down list, a list box with multiple checkboxes will be displayed, you just need to check the items you need from the list box, and the selected items will be output into the cell, see screenshot:
1. In the displayed list box:
: Click this button to go to the Drop-down List with Check Boxes Settings dialog box to configure the settings.
: Click this button to close the list box temporarily.
2. To disable this feature, you just need to click Kutools > Drop-down List, and untick the checkbox before Drop-down List with Check Boxes to disable this feature.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoHi, [kutools drop down list with checkbox] works when activated. When I save/close/re-open the file, it doesn't activate it automatically. What can be done especially if I am sending the file to someone who doesn't have kutools?