- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoId be curious about this as well. If I send this excel to someone does that mean then need to also have the program installed?
Kutools for Excel
Quickly create drop down lists with checkboxes in Excel
Supposing you have a list of drop-down list cells, you can select options from the drop-down list to fill the cells easily. However, you can select only one option from the drop-down list for one cell, and the new selected option will overwrite the existing one automatically. How to select multiple items at once from the drop-down list? In fact, you can add checkboxes to the drop-down list, so that you can check the options to add them simultaneously. Here, I will introduce Kutools for Excel’s Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature. With this amazing utility, you can quickly add checkboxes before options of existing drop-down lists, and then fill cells with multiple drop-down list options simultaneously.
To apply this Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature correctly, please do with the following steps:
Step 1: Configure settings for the Drop-down list with Check Boxes feature
1. Click Kutools > Drop-down List > Drop-down List with Check Boxes > Settings to open the settings dialog.
2. In the Drop-down List with Check Boxes Settings dialog, you can configure as follows:
(1) Specify applying scope.
A. To enable the Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature to certain ranges, please check the Specified Range(s) option, and then specify the certain ranges in below box.
Tips: When specifying the certain ranges, you can select multiple nonadjacent ranges with holding the Ctrl key.
B. Alternatively, you can check the Specified Scope option, and then select Current worksheet, Current workbook, or All workbooks from below drop-down list as need.
(2) Choose mode of adding drop-down list options into cells.
A. Append mode: This mode will add the selected drop-down list options to the end of existing one in cells by clicking icon, and remove drop-down list options by clicking icon.
B. Modify mode: If this mode is selected, you can tick the checkboxes to add specified drop-down list options to the currently selected cell, and untick the checkboxes to remove corresponding drop-down list options.
(3) Specify a delimiter to separate drop-down list options in cells
Enter a separator into the Separator box to separate the selected drop-down list options, such as comma, semicolon, space, etc.
Tips: If you specify the Text Direction as horizontally, you must type in a separator; if the Text Direction is vertically, you can specify the separator as nothing.
(4) Specify text direction.
This section will decide the direction of the later added drop-down list option in cells.
A. Horizontally: this option will add the later selected drop-down list options at the end of the existing ones in cells. Click to view the effect GIF.
B. Vertically: this option will add the later selected drop-down list options below the existing ones in new lines of cells. Click to view the effect GIF.
(5) Click the Ok button to save the settings.
Step 2: Enable the Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature
Click Kutools > Drop-down List, and then tick the checkbox before Drop-down List with Check Boxes to activate this feature.
Step 3: Apply the Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature
After enabling the Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature, you can select multiple options simultaneously from drop-down list in the specified ranges, the current worksheet, the current workbook, or all workbooks.
A. Click a cell with drop-down list to show the new drop-down list, and click or before a drop-down list option to add or remove it from the currently selected cell.
B. There are numbers after the drop-down list options. 0 means the very option is not added into the currently selected cell, and 1 or other numbers indicate the option has been added to the cell once or multiple times.
C. Click or click any places beyond the drop-down list will close the drop-down list.
D. Click will open the Drop-down List with Check Boxes Settings dialog.
E. Within the Append mode, you can add the same drop-down list option into a cell multiple times.
A. Click a cell with drop-down list to show the new drop-down list. Tick the checkbox before a drop-down list to add it into the currently selected cell, while untick it to remove it from the cell.
B. Click or click any places beyond the drop-down list will close the drop-down list.
C. Click will open the Drop-down List with Check Boxes Settings dialog.
D. The Modify mode does not support add duplicate drop-down options into cells.
1. The Drop-down List with Check Boxes feature can only work with existing drop-down lists. If you have not create a drop-down list, there are two solutions to help you get it done:
A. Apply the Create simple drop-down list feature of Kutools for Excel: https://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel/excel-quick-drop-down-list.html
B. Click below hyperlink to view the solution: https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/915-excel-insert-drop-down-list.html
2. To disable this feature, you just need to click Kutools > Drop-down List, and untick the checkbox before Drop-down List with Check Boxes to disable this feature.
3. The feature supports to remain the activation status and applying scope specified in the last closed workbook.
4. The feature can be enabled and works only if you have installed Kutools for Excel.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi, [kutools drop down list with checkbox] works when activated. When I save/close/re-open the file, it doesn't activate it automatically. What can be done especially if I am sending the file to someone who doesn't have kutools?