Easily make a horizontal dumbbell chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
An Excel horizontal dumbbell chart is good for comparing two points of data year on year as below screenshot shown. However, in Excel, there is no built-in dumbbell chart for quickly creation, but with Kutools for Excel’s Charts tools, you can create the dumbbell chart with 3 steps by its Dumbbell Plot Chart utility.
Applying the utility by clicking Kutools > Chart > Data Distribution > Dumbbell Plot Chart.
1. Enable the sheet that you want to insert the dumbbell chart, then click Kutools > Charts > Data Distribution > Dumbbell Plot Chart.
2. Then in the Dumbbell Plot Chart dialog, in Axis Labels section, click to choose the labels which will be displayed in Y axis (including column header). And go to Data Series 1 and Data Series 2 sections to click button to separately select the data which will be compared (including column headers).
Note: If you do not want to display the series name based on the data, you can choose the data range excluding the column headers, then the series names will be the default names: Series 1 and Series 2
3. Click Ok, a dumbbell plot chart has been created.
1. You can click Example button in the Dumbbell Plot Chart dialog to realize how to use this utility.
2. The chart changes as the data changes.
3. If you want to resize or change the color of dots, you can do as these:
Double click at any one of the dots to display the Format Data Series pane.
Click at the Fill & Line tab, then go to the Marker part. In this part, you can change the plots’ size and filled color.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.