Easily encrypt and decrypt selected cell values or contents in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you have a workbook which contains some important information couldn't be viewed by others. In this case, you would like to encrypt the cell contents, but Excel doesn't have a function for encrypting the cell contents. With Kutools for Excel’s Encrypt Cells and Decrypt Cells utility, you can quickly encrypt the selected cell values and decrypt the cell contents.
Recommended Productivity Tools
1. Select the range that you want to encrypt.
2. Apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > Encrypt Cells. See screenshots:
3. Please type in the password in the Encrypt Cells dialog box, and click OK or Apply button to encrypt the cells. Note: The password can be letters, numbers and special characters. You will see the selected cells have been encrypted as follows, see screenshots:
Note: If a cell contains formula will not be encrypted.
The encrypted cells that have been encrypted with Encrypt Cells can only be decrypted with the Decrypt Cells utility.
1. Please select the cells which have been encrypted with Encrypt Cells.
2. Click Enterprise > Decrypt Cells to apply this utility. See screenshots:
3. Type in the password and click OK. You will see the encrypted cells values become as follows, see screenshots:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 200 Advanced Functions for Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 200 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.