Quickly extract unique values including first duplicate from An Excel column
Kutools for Excel
There may be a formula that can help you to extract unique values including the first duplicate values from a column in Excel, but it may be difficult to remember. With Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply the Extract cells with unique values (include the first duplicate value) feature to handle this job in Excel.Demo
Enable the feature by clicking Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, then in the popping Formulas Helper dialog, choosing Text from the Formula Type drop-down list, and selecting Extract cells with unique values (include the first duplicate) from the list in Choose a formula section.
To extract unique values including the first duplicate values with the Extract cells with unique values (include the first duplicate value) feature, please do as below steps:
1. Select a cell which you will place the extracted unique values at , and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper to enable the Formula Helper dialog.
2. Then in the popping Formulas Helper dialog, select Text from Formula Type drop-down list, and then choose Extract cells with unique values (include first duplicate) from the Choose a formula section.
Or you can directly filter out the feature. Check Filter checkbox, and type "unique" or other keywords into the textbox next to the Filter, then the formulas contains substring “unique” will be listed in the Choose a formula section.
3. Then go to right section of the Formula Helper dialog, click button to select a column which you want to extract unique values from.
4. Click Ok, then the first unique value of the list has been extracted by the formula, then drag the autofill handle down to cells until a blank cell appears. So far all unique values including the first duplicates have been extracted.
1. If this feature does you a favor, you could click to share this feature to your friends.
2. To prevent circular reference, please do not insert the formula in the first row of the worksheet.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.