Quickly filter merged cells in Excel
Kutools for Excel
When filtering merged cells from a list in Excel, it can filter out only one record no matter how many records relates to the merged cell. Here, Kutools for Excel releases the Filter Merged feature to help you quickly filter all merged cells from a list, and the Special Filter feature to help you quickly filter all related records of a certain merged cell in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have a list with merged cells as below screenshot shown. You can apply the Filter Merged feature to quickly filter all merged cells from the list easily.
1. Select any cell in the list you will filter, and click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Filter Merged. See screenshot:
2. Now a dialog box comes out and tells you how many cells have been found. Please click the OK button to go ahead.
Now you can see all merged cells are filtered out in the specified list. See screenshot:
You can also apply the Special Filter feature to filter all related records of a certain merged cell from a list in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the list you will filter, and click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter. See screenshot:
2. In the Special Filter dialog box, please check the Format option, select Merge Cells from below drop-down list, type the content of the specified merged cell you will filter by, and then click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Tip: You can click the button to select the specified merged cell without typing its content in the left box.
3. Now a dialog box comes out and tells how many cells have been found. Please click the OK button to go ahead.
Now you can see all related records of the specified merged cell are filtered out. See screenshot:
(1) If you have specified font color and background color in the Processing of results section, it will add font color and background color for all filtered merged cells. See screenshot:
(2) If you have checked the Select entire row option, it will select the entire rows of all filtered merged cells. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.