- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 29 days agoStill going after another 6 hours (10hrs all up). i assume it has crashed and will force close the program.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 29 days agook just tried a 35C8 and it took just over 90mins, so maybe 44C8 takes 11.5hrs.
Easily find all combinations that equal a given sum in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing, there is a list of numbers (whole numbers, decimal numbers or negative numbers), and now, you want to find all possible combinations from these numbers that equal a given sum. Normally you can use formulas, Solver Add-in or User-defined function to achieve it, but it is time-consuming and not easy to handle. Here with the useful Make Up a Number utility of Kutools for Excel, finding all combinations that equal a given sum has never been so easy in Excel.
As the below screenshot shown, to find all possible combinations of numbers in range B3:B11 that sum up to 520, you can try with the Make Up a Number utility as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Content > Make Up a Number.
2. In the Make up a number dialog box, please do the below settings.
- In the Data Source box, select the number list to find which numbers add up to 520;
- In the Options section, enter 520 into the Sum textbox;
- Click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the next Make up a number dialog box, select a cell to output the combinations and click the OK button. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog pops up to tell you how many combinations will be created, click OK.
You can see all possible combinations of selected numbers that sum up to 520 are listed as follows.
1. It is optional to specify the number of combinations and number of elements in each combination instead of generate all combinations. As the below screenshot shown, you can specify number of combinations as 4, and specify number of elements in each combination from 1 to 4, then, you will get the following result:
2. This powerful feature also can be applied to decimal and negative numbers, see screenshot:
And you will get the result as below screenshot shown:
3. You can check the Save in a new sheet box to output the combinations to a new sheet.
Find all combinations that equal a given sum
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download the free trial now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoinstead of "processing, please wait" it needs to have a counter which displays either how much time is estimated to be remaining to calculate or an actual counter of the calculations done and remaining to be counted. ie i have waited over 4 hours for the program to work out my 44C8 query (177m combinations) but i don't know whether the program has crashed or is still calculating.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoÈ possibile escludere delle combinazioni da quelle trovate ?