Easily find all combinations that equal a given sum in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing, there is a list of numbers, and you want to find all possible combinations from these numbers that equal a given sum. Normally you can use formulas, Solver Add-in or User-defined function to achieve it, but it is time-consuming and not easy to handle. Here with the useful Make Up a Number utility of Kutools for Excel, finding all combinations that equal a given sum has never been so easy in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Content > Make Up A Number to enable the utility. See screenshot:
As the below screenshot shown, to find all possible combinations of numbers in range B3:B11 that sum up to 520, you can try with the Make Up a Number utility as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Content > Make Up a Number.
2. In the Make up a number dialog box, please do the below settings.
- In the Data Source box, select the number list to find which numbers add up to 520;
- In the Options section, enter 520 into the Sum textbox;
- Click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the next Make up a number dialog box, select a cell to output the combinations and click the OK button. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog pops up to tell you how many combinations will be created, click OK.
You can see all possible combinations of selected numbers that sum up to 520 are listed as follows.
1. It is optional to specify the number of combinations and number of elements in each combination instead of generate all combinations. As the below screenshot shown, you can specify number of combinations as 4, and specify number of elements in each combination from 1 to 4, then, you will get the following result:
2. You can check the Save in a new sheet box to output the combinations to a new sheet.
Find all combinations that equal a given sum
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download the free trial now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.