Quickly find duplicate or unique cells/rows in a range in Excel
Kutools for Excel
If you have multiple rows of data in your worksheet, and some of them are duplicate items, how could you find and select the duplicate rows? In Excel, you need to have long formulas to solve it, but here, with the Kutools for Excel's Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility, you can quickly select the duplicate records or unique rows in the selected range, and add fill color or font color for these duplicate/unique cells/rows.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Select >> Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshots:
You can quickly select the duplicate records with following steps:
1. Please select the range that you want to highlight the duplicate rows.
2. Then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells, in the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, choose Duplicates(Except 1st one) or All duplicates(Including 1st one) option under Rule section as you need, and then you can select one background color or font color to highlight the duplicate rows as you want, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK, the duplicate rows will be selected as following screenshots:
|Select duplicates except first one||Select duplicates including first one|
If you want to find and select the unique records in the range, please do with following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to highlight the unique rows.
2. Specify the Unique values only or All unique (Including 1st duplicates) under Rule section in the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, and then you can select one background color or font color to highlight the unique rows as you want, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK, the unique rows will be selected as following screenshots:
|Select only unique rows||Select unique rows including first duplicate|
This utility can find all duplicates or unique values, and add fill color or font color for these duplicates/unique values easily in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the column that you will highlight duplicates, and click the Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells.
2. In the opening Select Duplicate & Unique dialog box, you need to:
(1) Check the one option under the Rule that you need, in this case, i will check Duplicates (Except 1st one) option;
(2) Check the Fill backcolor or Fill font color option as you need, and specify a background color or font color from below drop down list;
3. And then click Ok,the duplicate values in the specified column are highlighted at once, see screenshots:
1. If you check Select entire rows option, the entire duplicate or unique rows will be selected.
2. If you check Case sensitive option in the dialog box, the duplicate or unique values will be identified case sensitive.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoIs there a VBA code that does what your solution does?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoAm trying to find unique and first duplicates in a range of 1,100 cells, but none are selected even though there are many duplicates. Is there a limit to the number of cells or rows that for the program to work?