Easily find the most common/frequently used value (word or number) in a list in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Supposing you got a feedback, and you need to know the answer which appears most frequently among the responds. Normally, you can use formula or VBA code to achieve it. For saving your working hours, Kutools for Excel’s Find most common value feature can help you quickly find the most common value in a list with only several clicks.
As the below screenshot shown, let's see how to apply the Find most common value feature to find the most common value in the Feedback column.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell E2) for placing the result, then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, please do as follows:
- In the Choose a formula box, find and select Find most common value;
Tips: You can check the Filter box, enter certain word into the text box to filter the formula quickly.
- In the Range box, click the button to select the list where you want to find the most common value;
- Click OK.
Then you can see the most common value of the specified list is populated in cell E2.
1. This feature is only applied to one column, and it will display an error value if there are blank cells in the list.
2. It only displays the first most common value if there are multiple matching results.
3. If you like this Formula Helper, you can click the Share icon in the Formulas Helper dialog to share it with your friend via email or share to social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.