Easily find the most common/frequently used value (word or number) in a list in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you got a feedback, and you need to know the answer which appears most frequently among the responds. Normally, you can use formula or VBA code to achieve it. For saving your working hours, Kutools for Excel’s Find most common value feature can help you quickly find the most common value in a list with only several clicks.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Formula Helper > Find most common value. See screenshot:
Please do as follows to find the most common value in a list in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell E2) for placing the found result, then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Find most common value.
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, please click the button to select the list with the most common value you need to find, and then click the OK button.
Then you can see the most common value of the specified list is populated in cell E2.
1. This feature is only applied to one column, and it will display an error value if there are blank cells in the list.
2. It only displays the first most common value if there are multiple matching results.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.