Quickly flip (reverse) data order of columns or rows in Excel
Kutools for Excel
You can flip or reverse data order or number order in columns or rows by copying and pasting each data manually, but it is too time-consuming. Alternatively, to flip data order of row vertically, you can insert a series of sequence numbers besides the column data, and sort them with expanding the selection. However, this way is not available to reverse number orders of column horizontally. However, with Kutools for Excel's Flip Horizontal Range and Flip Vertical Range, you can easily reverse or flip data order of columns or rows with cell formatting quickly as follows:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Select the range that you want to flip data order horizontally.
2. Then apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Range > Flip Horizontal Range > All, and all data order in the range have been flipped horizontally. See screenshot:
Tip: you can flip only cell values horizontally in the selected range with clicking Kutools > Range > Flip Horizontal Range > Only flip values.
|Flip horizontal Range > All||Flip Horizontal Range > Only flip value|
1. Select the range that you want to flip the data order vertically.
2. Click Kutools > Range > Flip Vertical Range > All, and the order of all data with cell formatting in the range will be reversed vertically. See screenshot:
Tip: you can flip only cell values vertically in the selected range with clicking Kutools > Range > Flip Vertical Range > Only flip values.
|Flip Vertical Range > All||Flip Vertical Range > Only flip values|
Both operations support Undo (Ctrl + Z).
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.