Quickly extract unique values from a column with formula in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In Excel, you can use the Remove Duplicates function to remove duplicate values from a list which will keep the first duplicates. However, sometimes, you may want to extract the unique values from a column to another one. Here a formula provided by the Extract cells with unique values feature in Kutools for Excel can handle this job.Demo
Enable the feature by clicking Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, then in the popping Formula Helper dialog, choosing Text from the Formula Type drop-down list, and selecting Extract unique values from the list in Choose a formula section. See screenshot:
To extract unique values from a column with the Extract cells with unique values feature, please do as below steps:
1. Select a cell which you will place the extracted unique values at, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper to enable the Formula Helper dialog.
2. Then in the popping Formula Helper dialog, select Text from Formula Type drop-down list, and then choose Extract unique values from the Choose a formula section.
Or you can directly filter out the feature. Check Filter checkbox, and type "extract" into the textbox next to the Filter, then the formulas contains substring “extract” will be listed in the Choose a formula section.
3. Then go to right section of the Formula Helper dialog, click button to select a column which you want to extract unique values from.
4. Click Ok, then in the selected cell, the first unique value of the list has been extracted by the formula, then drag the autofill handle down to cells until a blank cell appears, all unique values have been extracted.
1. If this feature does you a favor, you could click to share this feature to your friends.
2. To prevent circular reference, please do not insert the formula in the first row of the worksheet.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.