Quickly highlight multiple keywords within cells
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Generally, when we apply the Excel built-in Find feature to search keywords, we can search one keyword at a time. Now, Kutools for Excel releases the Mark Keyword feature to help us quickly search multiple keywords from the specified range simultaneously. In addition, the Mark Keyword feature not only supports to color entire cells containing the keywords, but also supports to color the keywords only within cells.
This section will guide you to apply the Mark Keyword feature in Excel.
1. Specify the search scope.
In the Range box, click the Browse button to specify the range that you will search keywords within.
To search keywords in the whole worksheets, you can click the arrow at the upper-left corner of the working area to select the whole worksheets when the Mark Keyword – Range dialog opens.
2. Specify the keywords.
(1) You can click the Browse button in the Keyword box to extract multiple keywords from the specified range;
(2) Alternatively, you can also type in the keywords manually in the Keyword box. Please remember to separate the keywords with commas.
(3) To do a case-sensitive search, tick the Match Case option at the bottom-left corner of the dialog.
3. Choose a mark type.
(1) To color the keywords only within cells, tick the Mark keyword colors option, and specify a font color from below drop-down list;
(2) To color the entire cells containing the keywords, tick the Mark the cell content colors option, and select a font color from below drop-down list;
(3) After expanding the color drop-down lists, you can click the ellipsis at the bottom-right corner to open the Color dialog, and then specify a custom color as need.
4. Click the OK button to start searching and marking the keywords.
This section will show you 4 kinds of effect pictures about applying the Mark Keywords feature in Excel.
(1) If the Mark keyword colors option is checked only:
(2) If both Mark keyword colors and Match Case options are checked simultaneously:
(3) If the Mark the cell content colors option is checked only:
(4) If both Mark the cell content colors and Match cases options are checked together:
There are some matters that need you to pay special attention to during applying the Mark Keyword feature in Excel.
(1) The Mark Keywords feature supports undo. You can click the Undo icon at the Quick Access Toolbar or press Ctrl + Z keys to undo easily.
(2) If the keywords are numbers, the Mark Keyword feature cannot color these numbers separately within cells.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.