Quickly insert a date or a formatted date in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Sometimes, you may need to quickly and randomly insert a date with specific date formatting in a worksheet. With the Insert Date of Kutools for Excel, you can easily insert a date or a formatted date at once.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Date . See screenshots:
1. Specify a cell that you want to insert the date.
2. Apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Insert > Insert Date.
3. In the Insert Date dialog box, select one date that you want to insert then double-click it, and the date will be inserted into the cell at once. What’s more the dialog box will not close, you can insert other date in any other cells. See screenshot:
If you want to insert the date with certain formatting, you can check Using format option, and multiple date format will be displayed in the expanding list box.
Then choose one date format that you want to apply from the right list box, and then select one date from the left calendar, and double-click it, the date with the specified formatting has been inserted into the specific cell. Also the dialog box will not close, you can insert other formatted date in any other cells. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.