Quickly insert multiple pictures into cells based on cell value in Excel
Kutools for Excel
How can we insert pictures into cells based on cell value in Excel? For example, I have a list of product names in Column A, and now I want to insert related product pictures into the cells based on the cell values. Let’s say the cell A2 is Orange, and I want to insert the picture which name is Orange. The Match Import Pictures utility of Kutools for Excel may help you to solve this problem quickly and easily.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Click Kutools Plus >> Import / Export >> Match Import Pictures. See screenshot:
Import multiple pictures based on cell values
1. Apply this utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Import / Export > Match Import Pictures, in the Match Import Pictures dialog box, click button under the Match range to specify the cell value that will be based on to import the images, the image files which match the cells value will be listed into a list accordingly. You can also specify the import pictures order as your need, in this case, I will choose Fill vertically cell after cell from the Import order drop down.
2. Then click Add > File or Folder to choose and insert the pictures that you need into the list box, see screenshots:
Tips： You can delete the pictures you don’t want to insert by selecting it and click Remove button.
3. After inserting the pictures, all relative pictures are listed into the list box, and then you can specify the size of the images by clicking Import size button, in the following Import Picture Size dialog, specify one option for the size of your pictures. See screenshot:
Tips: In the Import Picture Size dialog:
(1.) Matching itself size: With checking this option, all the pictures will be inserted with their own size, but if the height of picture is greater than 409 pounds or the width of picture is greater than 1534 pounds, it will not be inserted successfully.
(2.) Matching cell size: This option will make the imported pictures size as the same as the selected cells.
(3.) Specify size: You can specify the height and width of the pictures, the height should not equal or greater than 409 points, and the width should not equal or greater than 1534 points.
4. Then click Ok > Import, choose one cell or a list of cells to locate your relative images from the popped out Match Import Pictures dialog (you can also select the original cell of the text), see screenshot:
5. And then click OK button, all the pictures which matched with the cell values have been inserted into the worksheet, see screenshot:
Tips: with this feature, you can also insert the pictures horizontally based on the cell values, please just select the Fill horizontally cell after cell from the Import order drop down list, and you will get the following results:
1. If there are no matched pictures with the cell value, the cell will not insert anything.
2. If you check Case sensitive option in the dialog box, the name of the picture must be case sensitive with the cell values, otherwise, the images will not be inserted.
3. If there are duplicate cell data in the list, you need to insert the pictures time and time again to import other duplicate corresponding pictures.
4. This utility supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.