Easily configure cells to be locked or unlocked when protecting worksheet
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In Excel, the worksheet cells are all locked by default, all cells are not editable when protecting worksheet. If you want others to edit some ranges in a protected worksheet, you should better let those ranges to be unlocked. Kutools for Excel’s Design View includes Lock Cells and Unlock Cells features which can help you easily configure cells to be locked or unlocked when protecting worksheet.
Click Kutools Plus >> Design View, and a new Kutools Design tab will display in the ribbon, see screenshots:
To quickly unlock selected cells, please do as follows:
1. Select the cells which you want to unlock, you can hold Ctrl key to select multiple ranges as you need.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Design View, and a new Kutools Design tab will appear in the ribbon. Click Unlock Cells option in the Protect group under Kutools Design tab, see screenshot:
3. And then a prompt box will pop out, click OK to close this box, and all the selected cells have been unlocked.
4. When you need to protect this worksheet, you can protect it by clicking Protect Sheet under this Kutools Design tab, see screenshot:
5. And then enter and confirm the password you need in the popped out dialogs, see screenshot:
6. And after worksheet protecting, you can highlight the unlocked cells to view them quickly and easily, please click Highlight Unlocked option under the Kutools Design tab, and the unlocked cells will be highlighted with a color, see screenshot:
If your worksheet has multiple unlocked cells, you can lock them quickly with the Lock Cells feature of Kutools for Excel without going to the Format Cells dialog, please do as follows:
1. Select the whole worksheet which you want to lock the unlocked cells.
2. And then click Kutools Plus > Design View, and a new Kutools Design tab will appear in the ribbon. Click Lock Cells option in the Protect group, see screenshot:
3. And a prompt box will pop out, click OK to close it, and all the unlocked cells have been locked at once.
Tip: If you only want to lock parts of unlocked cells, you can apply Highlight Unlocked feature to highlight all the unlocked cells for view easily, and then select the cells you need to lock, and click Lock Cells to lock the selected cells.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.