Quickly copy data and paste to visible cells only in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In Excel, when you copy and paste some data into a range which has been filtered or contains hidden rows, the data will be pasted to those filtered or hidden cells too. Can we just paste data to visible cells only in Excel? Yes, Kutools for Excel's Paste to Visible feature will help you get it done quickly.
Location of Paste to Visible: Kutools > Paste to Visible
Let's say we have a filtered table as shown in the screenshot below, to replace the visible quantity values in column C with the new quantity values in column D, please do as follows:
1. Select the data that you want to copy and paste to the filtered list.
3. In the Paste to Visible Range prompt box, select the first cell of the range where you want to paste the selected data to, and then click the OK button.
Result: The selected data are pasted to filtered rows only immediately.
- If you want to copy and paste values only (Not formatting and not formulas), please click Paste to Visible > Only Paste Values in step 2.
- This utility supports undo (Ctrl + Z).
- The feature helps you paste data to visible cells only, so, it works no matther there are filtered-out or hidden rows in your data.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.