Printing a list into multiple columns to fit on each printed page in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing there is a worksheet with more than 200 names in column A, and if you want to print this worksheet, it will consume quite a few pages. How could you reformat such a long column into multiple columns to fit on one printed page before printing it? Kutools for Excel’s Split to Columns utility can help you split / reformat long column into multiple columns to fit on one printed page quickly, and save your printer ink and paper when you need to print such a long column in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Click Kutools Plus>> Split to Columns. See screenshots:
1. Apply the utility (Click Enterprise > Split to Columns), and select the Data range and Titles range as follows. See screenshot:
2. Specify other setting as follows. See screenshot:
A: Please specify how many rows you want to display on each printed page.
B: Please specify how many segments you want to display on each printed page.
C: It will create a link to the original sheet. Note: this utility will reformat / split the long column into multiple columns in a new worksheet.
3. Click OK. You will see the result in a new worksheet as follows. See screenshot:
1. The titles of each column will be added before every column.
2. The new worksheet data can be linked to the source data, if you check Create a link with the active sheet option.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.