Printing a list into multiple columns to fit on each printed page in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing there is a worksheet with more than 200 names in column A, and if you want to print this worksheet, it will consume quite a few pages. How could you reformat such a long column into multiple columns to fit on one printed page before printing it? Kutools for Excel’s Split to Columns utility can help you split / reformat long column into multiple columns to fit on one printed page quickly, and save your printer ink and paper when you need to print such a long column in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus >> Split to Columns. See screenshots:
1. Apply the utility (Click Kutools Plus > Split to Columns), and select the Data range and Titles range as follows. See screenshot:
2. Specify other setting as follows. See screenshot:
A: Please specify how many rows you want to display on each printed page.
B: Please specify how many segments you want to display on each printed page.
C: It will create a link to the original sheet. Note: this utility will reformat / split the long column into multiple columns in a new worksheet.
3. Click Ok. You will see the result in a new worksheet as follows. See screenshot:
1. The titles of each column will be added before every column.
2. The new worksheet data can be linked to the source data, if you check the Create a link with the active sheet option.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.