Quickly create a drop-down list in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In general, you can apply the Excel built-in feature to create a drop-down list as follows: click the Data > Data Validation to enable the feature, enable the Settings tab, select List as data validation type, specify the list source, and finally click the OK button. Now Kutools for Excel supports a quick step to help you quickly create a simple drop-down list with several clicks only!
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can follow below steps to quickly create a drop-down list with ease in Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Drop-down List > Create simple drop-down list to enable this feature.
2. In the opening Create simple drop-down list dialog, please:
1) In the Apply to box, please specify the range you will add the new drop-down list for;
2) In the Source box, please type in or select the data source you will create the drop-down list based on;
Tips: If you need to type in the data source manually, please separate the drop-down list options with comma, such as “Apple,Grape,Mange,Orange,Peach”.
3. Click the Ok button.
Now the drop-down list is created based on the specified data source and added to the specified range immediately.
1. If you are not familiar with this Create simple drop-down list feature, you can click the Sample button to open the example sheet. However, this operation will close the current dialog.
2. You can easily remove the drop-down lists from a range as follows:
(1) Select the range containing drop-down lists you will remove;
(2) Click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Clear Data Validation Restrictions.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.