Quickly and easily create a rectangular pie chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
What is rectangular pie chart?
Rectangular pie chart is a comparison chart which is formed by multiple rectangles overlapping by the area size of each rectangle in Excel. Each rectangle represents one value that you use to compare. The data size corresponds to the area size of the rectangles, and the rectangle presenting the smallest value is placed on the top, while the rectangle related to the largest value is placed at the bottom.
The rectangular pie chart is usually used to compare the sizes of multiple values. Differing from other ordinary comparison charts, the rectangular pie chart takes a smaller space occupation but directly shows the relationship of the size of each value, also it is more professional and distinctive.
In Excel, to create such a rectangular pie chart is quite complex and easy to occur errors by creating formulas to make some data. However, the Rectangular Pie Chart utility of Kutools for Excel supports to create this chart only with 2 steps.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Create rectangular pie chart
Apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Charts > Category Comparison > Rectangular Pie chart. See screenshot:
In the popping Rectangular Pie Chart dialog, click the selection icon to choose the axis labels and series values as you need.
Click Ok, a dialog pops out to remind you there will be a hidden sheet created to store some data. Click Yes to continue. Then the rectangular pie chart is created successfully.
Axis Labels: click the selection icon next to Axis Labels to select the series legends that you want to show in the chart.
Series Value：click the selection icon next to Series Value to select the values of each series.
Example: If you use this utility for the first time, you can click the Example button, which will open a new workbook which contains example data and the created rectangular pie chart for you to study.
1) If the series value is negative, the chart will be created incorrectly.
2）A hidden sheet named Kutools_Chart will be created to store data, do not change the data in this sheet, otherwise, some error may occur.
3) The chart may be shown incorrectly as the original data changes, you need to recreate the rectangular pie chart when the data is changed.
4) If existing duplicate series values, the last one may be totally overlapped by the first one.
5) If the series values are in big gap, it may happen that the smallest one cannot be viewed clearly in the chart.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.