What I'm trying to do is replace â€“ with -
Quickly replace multiple accented characters with regular chars in Excel
Normally if you need to replace accented characters in workbooks, you have to repeatedly use the Find and Replace function for replacing each kind of accented character in active workbook. But with the Replace Accented Characters utility of Kutools for Excel, a handy time saver, you can easily replace all kinds of accented characters with regular chars in the whole workbook at once.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Text >> Replace Accented Characters. See screenshots:
1. Select a range in which you will replace all kinds of accented characters.
2. Specify the settings in the Replace Accented Characters dialog box, see screenshot:
A: with this button, you can add new rules for your need.
B: with this button, you can delete the rules that you don't want.
C: this button can revert to the default settings.
D: the type of various accented characters you want to replace.
E: the regular characters you need.
3. Click OK or Apply, the accented characters you specified have been replaced by the regular characters. (Note: click OK button will close the dialog box and apply the operation; but click Apply button will only apply the operation without closing the dialog box.) See screenshots:
1. You can customize the replace rules. This tool supports adding new replace rules, deleting replace rules, and modifying existing rules.
2. This tool will automatically detect lowercase and uppercase characters.
3. This tool supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.