Quickly create a dynamic scrollable line chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
If you have a large data set needed to be displayed in one chart, you will find that the chart data is compressed. To see the whole data, you will need to drag the chart as wide as enough. To avoid the chart taking up your entire screen real estate, you can add a scrollbar into the chart. When dragging the scrollbar, you could view the data’s changing continuously as below demo shown.
It may be troublesome for most of us to create this type of chart, but, if you have Kutools for Excel, with its amazing Scrollable Line Chart feature, you can create a dynamic scrolling line chart with only several clicks.
To create a dynamic scrolling line chart, please do with the following steps:
1. Click Kutools > Charts > Data Distribution > Scrollable Line Chart, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Scrollable Line Chart dialog box, please do the following operations:
- Select the axis labels and series values separately under the Select Data box;
- Specify the number of series points to be displayed in the chart from the Show series points box.
Tips: You can also select the data range firstly, and then click Kutools > Charts > Data Distribution > Scrollable Line Chart to enable this feature, and the selected data will be filled into the corresponding textboxes automatically.
3. After finishing the settings, please click Ok button, a dynamic scrolling line chart will be inserted into the worksheet at once. When you click the scroll bar, the data will be changed dynamically as below demo shown:
1. When applying this feature, a prompt box will pop out to remind you that a hidden sheet (named Kutools_Chart) will be created to store some intermediate data. Please don’t delete this hidden sheet, otherwise, the chart will be displayed incorrectly.
2. Click the Example button in the Scrollable Line Chart dialog box, a new workbook with the sample data and sample Scrollable Line Chart will be generated.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.