Quickly sort or select cells, rows and columns randomly in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Supposing you want to sort or select cells in random order from a range in Excel, or you just want to sort or select rows or columns in random order from a range, how could you quickly sort or select cells, rows or columns randomly from a range? Kutools for Excel’s Sort/Select Range Randomly utility can quickly deal with the following operations in Excel:
Click Kutools >> Range >> Sort / Select Range Randomly. See screenshot:
If you want to quickly apply these operations in a range: sort or rearrange cells randomly, sort or rearrange cells based on each row randomly, sort or rearrange cells based on each column randomly, sort or rearrange rows randomly and sort or rearrange columns randomly, you can get it done as following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to apply the operation. And then applying this utility by clicking Kutools > Range > Sort/Select Range Randomly. In the Sort/Select Range Randomly dialog box, click Sort tab, and then select the operation from the Sort Type. See screenshot:
Entire rows: It will randomly sort entire row order.
Entire columns: It will randomly sort entire column order.
Cells in each row: It will randomly sort all cell values based on each row.
Cells in each column: It will randomly sort all cell values based on each column.
All cells in the range: It will randomly sort or rearrange all cell values in the range.
2. Then click Ok or Apply to apply the operation. You will get the following results.
If you choose All cells in the range, all of the cell values have been sorted randomly in the range. See screenshots:
If you choose Cells in each row, you will see the results:
If you choose Cells in each column, you will see the results:
If you choose Entire rows, you will get the following result:
If you choose Entire columns, you will get this:
With this utility, you can also select any cells, rows or columns randomly.
1. Select or highlight the range that you want to randomly select cells, rows or columns.
2. Go to the Sort/Select Range Randomly dialog box, and enter the number of cells you want to randomly select from the range, and specify the Select Type. Note: It will randomly select cells in the range with Select random cells option. To randomly select rows in the range, please choose Select random rows option, and Select random columns option, it will randomly select columns in the range. See screenshot:
3. Then click Ok or Apply. If you check Select random cells, the number of cells that you have specified will be selected randomly from the selection.
With above steps, you can also select a certain number of random rows and columns.
This function supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).
Also you can click Kutools > Select > Select Range Randomly or Kutools Plus > Sort > Sort Range Randomly to apply this utility.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.