Quickly create a stacked variance column or bar chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In this article, I will talk about a type of chart which can help to show the changes between two sets of data as below screenshot shown. In this chart, the up green arrow and down red arrow indicate whether the two sets of data are growing or falling. To create this type of chart, Kutools for Excel’s Stacked Difference Chart feature can help you to create a stacked variance column or bar chart as you need.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with the following steps:
1. Click Kutools > Charts > Difference Comparison > Stacked Difference Chart, see screenshot:
2. In the Stacked Difference Chart dialog box, please do the following operations:
(1.) Select the chart type that you want to create, you can choose Column chart or Bar chart as you need;
(2.) Specify a color for your chart from the Chart color drop down list;
(3.) Select the axis label, the first data series, the second data series separately from the Select data section.
3. After finishing the settings, please click OK button, and you will get the stacked variance column or bar chart as below screenshots shown:
Stacked variance column chart
|Stacked variance bar chart|
1. When applying this feature to create stacked difference chart, a prompt box will pop out to remind you that a hidden sheet (named Kutools_Chart) will be created as well to store the intermediate data, please don’t delete this hidden sheet, otherwise, the chart will be displayed incorrectly.
2. Click the Example button in Stacked Difference Chart dialog to generate a new workbook with the sample data and sample stacked difference chart.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.