Quickly create a step chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
We usually use line charts to show continuously changed values. Nevertheless, some data series change at irregular intervals. In this situation, you can use the step chart to show the irregular changes. Here, I will recommend the Step Chart of Kutools for Excel to quickly create a step chart in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can apply Kutools for Excel’s Step Chart feature to quickly create a step chart in Excel with ease.
1. Click Kutools > Charts > Step Chart to enable this feature.
2. In the Step Chart dialog, please specify the range of axis values in the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels box, specify the range of data series in the Series Values box, and click the Ok button.
Now the step chart is created at once.
1. In the Step Chart dialog, you can click the Sample dialog to open the example workbook. However, this operation will close the current dialog.
2. When you apply the Step Chart feature to create a chart, it will create a hidden sheet to store the intermediate data.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.