Easily sum absolute values in a range in Excel
Kutools for Excel
For a list of data which contains both negative and positive numbers, you may need to sum the absolute values of these values. For example, the list contains numbers 7, 8, -10, 5, -25, for summing the absolute values, the result should be 55 instead of -15. With the Sum absolute values utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily sum all absolute values without using formulas.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you want to sum only the absolute values in B3:B11 as the below screenshot shown, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to output the result, and then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, please configure as follows.
- In the Choose a formula box, find and select Sum absolute values;
Tips: You can check the Filter box, enter certain word into the text box to filter the formula quickly.
- In the Number box, select the numbers you will sum the absolute ones.
- Click OK.
Then you can see only the absolute values in specified range are calculated and the result is populated in the selected cell.
Note: If you like this Formula Helper, you can click the Share icon in the Formulas Helper dialog to share it with your friend via email or share to social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.