Quickly sum bold values / numbers only in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you have a range of numbers, some of them are formatted as bold. Here, you want to sum the cell values formatted with bold only, normally, there is no direct way for summing bold values in Excel except creating a VBA code to solve it. Today, I want to recommend you a handy tool-Kutools for Excel, it contains some commonly-used functions, such as count and sum cells based on font color, count and sum cells based on bold font, and so on.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Sum bold values / numbers only in Excel
Supposing you have the following data range which contains some bold numbers, to get the total of the bold values, please do with the following step by step:
1. Click a cell where you want to output the result, in this example, I will click cell I2.
2. Then apply the SUMBYFONTBOLD utility by clicking Kutools > Kutools Functions > Statistical & Math > SUMBYFONTBOLD, see screenshot:
3. In the popped out Function Arguments dialog box, click button to select the data range that you want to sum the bold cells, see screenshot:
4. After selecting the data range, and then click OK button to close the dialog, and the total value of the bold numbers is gotten. See screenshot:
Note: After installing the Kutools for Excel, you can also enter this formula: =SUMBYFONTBOLD(A1:F11) directly into a blank cell to display the result, and then press Enter key to get the calculation.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agohi, why actual subtotal is changing? for example; it needs to be 3004.12 but comes 3004.12. Can you help me please?