Quickly validate Email addresses in a column or a range of cells in Excel
Kutools for Excel
If you have a column of cells where you need others to enter the Email addresses manually, to avoid the typing errors, you can set the data validation for only Email addresses can be entered. With the Kutools for Excel’s Validate Email Address feature, you can quickly solve this job quickly and easily.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To set the data validation for only Email addresses inputted, please do as this:
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select a list or range of cells where you want to only Email addresses to be entered.
2. Then, click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Validate Email Address, see screenshot:
3. And then, a prompt box will pop out, and click OK to close it, see screenshot:
4. Now, when entering text string that is not in Email address format, a prompt box will pop out as following screenshot shown:
Note: To clear this Email address data validation, you just need select the cells where contains the data validation, and then click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Clear Data Validation Restrictions. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThank you;Please, i need your help;I have installed Kutools V 21.00 and when i try to validate e-maildata, it's not working, and it send the following error message: "Failed to set E-mail address data validation"The same whith phone number.