Quickly vlookup and return matching values from multiple worksheets
Kutools for Excel
It may be easy for us to vlookup and return the matching values from current worksheet, sometimes, you may need to return the corresponding values based on the criteria from multiple worksheets. This will be a painful problem for most of us, but, if you have Kutools for Excel, with its LOOKUP Across Multiple Sheets feature, you can solve this job as soon as possible.
Supposing, you have three worksheets with the original data, and one worksheet with the lookup data to return the corresponding values based on the given values as below screenshot shown:
To apply this LOOKUP Across Multiple Sheets feature, please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP Across Multiple Sheets, see screenshot:
2. In the LOOKUP Across Multiple Sheets dialog box, specify the lookup value range and output range under the Lookup values and Output Range section, see screenshot:
3. Then, click button, in the popped out Data range dialog box, click the sheet tab to go the worksheet which contains the data that you want to use, and then select the data range, see screenshot:
4. And then, click OK button, in the following Add Data range dialog box, specify the key column and return column you need, see screenshot:
5. Then, click OK button to go back to the main dialog box, now, you can see the data range from the first sheet has been added into the Data range list box.
6. Repeat the above step 3-5 to add the data range from other worksheets, till all the data range from other sheets have been listed into the Data range list box, see screenshot:
7. After finishing the settings, click OK button, a prompt box will pop out to remind you saving this scenario or not. If you want to save this scenario for next using, please click Yes, click No to close this prompt box directly.
8. In this case, I will click Yes to save this scenario, and in the Save scenario dialog box, enter a name for the scenario, see screenshot:
9. Then, click OK, all the matching values based on the criteria have been returned across multiple worksheets, see screenshots:
1. If the specific value you lookup doesn't exist, a #N/A value will be displayed. To replace this #N/A error value with another text value, you just need to check Replace #N/A error value with a specified value option, and then type the text you need, if you want to display #N/A as empty, just leave blank in the textbox. See screenshot:
2. In the LOOKUP Across Multiple Sheets dialog box:
: Add button: is used to add the data range from other worksheets;
: Edit button: to edit and modify the selected data range as you need;
: Delete button: to delete the selected data range item from the Data range list box;
: Move Up / Move Down: Move the added data range up or down, only return the first matching value if there are multiple matched values existed.
: Save Scenario: To save current added data range as a scenario for next using.
: Open Scenario: Open the scenario dialog box for managing the scenarios, such as delete or open the selected scenario, see screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 days agoOn version 18 - no Super Lookup..!?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agohelloI can't find super lookup on my kutools ribbon, please help