Easily vlookup values from right and return results in the left column in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
By default, the Excel VLOOKUP function searches for a value by matching on the leftmost column of a table and returning the result from the right column in the same row. If you want to reverse the VLOOKUP function that lookup values from right to left, the LOOKUP from Right to Left feature of Kutools for Excel is highly recommended.
Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP from Right to Left to enable the feature. See screenshot:
Supposing you have a table as below screenshot shown, to search values in the Name column and return the corresponding result in the ID column from left hand, please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP from Right to Left. See screenshot:
2. In the LOOKUP from Right to Left dialog box, you need to do the below settings.
- (1) In the Output Range section, select the range to output the results;
- (2) In the Lookup Values section, select the range which contains the values you will search for;
- (3) In the Data range section, select the whole table range which contains the lookup value column and the result range column;
- (4) In the Key column drop-down list, select the column that contains the value you will look up (here I select the Name column);
- (5) In the Return column drop-down list, choose the column that contains the value you want to return (here I select the ID column);
- (6) Click the OK button.
- 1. If you want to replace the #N/ error value with a specified value, please click Options, and then check the Replace #N/A error value with a specified value box, and enter the certain value into the text box.
- 2. If the selected data range does not include column headers, please uncheck the My data has headers box.
Then the corresponding results are displayed in the Output Range cells. And you can see formulas are created automatically in the Formula Bar. When changing the searching values, the results will be updated automatically.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.